none
Windows Server 2012 R2 - Disable 'Quick Access' Feature in Windows 10

Question

• Hi All,

I would like to disable/configure the 'Quick Access' feature in Windows 10 across the domain using Group Policy. Please can you point me in the right direction in GPMC as i can't find anything?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Monday, February 01, 2016 1:12 PM

All replies

• I was unable to find a Gpo setting You could enforce a registry setting instead Usual caveat about the alteration of registry settings. Always back up and always test first. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced LaunchTo DWORD 1 = This PC 2 = Quick access I will keep looking, In the meantime, if this helps please mark it as the answer Ed
    Monday, February 01, 2016 1:43 PM
  • Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply.

Not quite what i had hoped for. Am looking at the below.

Any further suggestions welcome.

Ben

• Edited by Benny9997 Monday, February 01, 2016 5:17 PM More Info
    Monday, February 01, 2016 5:01 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, there is no such a solution to remove 'Quick Access' Feature in Windows 10 via Group Policy.

The only way to remove Quick access from Navigation Pane is modifying the following registry on the local machine.  

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{679f85cb-0220-4080-b29b-5540cc05aab6}\ShellFolder

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 3:24 AM
  • Hi Ben

This site worked for me: http://www.windowscentral.com/how-remove-quick-access-file-explorer-windows-10

Cheers
    Haerdy

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:04 AM
  • I know this thread is old but this topic has never had a really good resolution anywhere that I can see.  With the Creators Update 1703, the "Launch to" key is even gone now.  Do you know if this ShellFolder key is still a possible solution in 1703?  If it is, would setting that value to 0 remove Quick Access - and would this break anything else?

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:00 PM