Creating a keyboard layout with double-dead keys RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using the MS Keyboard Layout Creator to create a keyboard layout with some dead keys as a sort of compose method to build up a character.  For example altGr = / gives you ≠.  In some cases though, I would like to have a 3-key sequence, for example to a double-dead key sequence like altGr ~ =  / to give you the ≇ character.

If this isn't possible in MS KLC, is there some other way to get the keyboard to do this?  For example if I have to write my own keyboard input module or something?

Michael Grant

Sunday, January 30, 2011 10:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

Based on my research, I think there is no character associated with altGr ~ =  /. You can use Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to customize the layout and it can load the exiting Keyboard layout and change it directly. However, it cannot customize the special character likes ≇.

For more information about the special characters, I would like to share this document with you:

ALT GR keys

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/alt-gr-keys-HP005259063.aspx

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, February 8, 2011 5:46 AM
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 9:11 AM