none
Displaying Precedence in a Network Diagram RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to display the relationships between tasks differently in a network diagram so that they look like the following (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CrJ0yq4AssM/TtM3PUwE0VI/AAAAAAAAAFg/xiR9BWMZy-A/s1600/Relationships+example.png).

Currently the links between tasks all appear the same and project simply adds an ss, fs, etc. to designate the type of relationship.

Saturday, January 16, 2016 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am sorry to tell: this is just not possible.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Saturday, January 16, 2016 7:39 PM
  • I think to make this happen you will have to write your own graphics output software. Perhaps there is a commercial product that does this, but none that I am aware of. Maybe try Visio first?

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Saturday, January 16, 2016 7:42 PM
  • Right-click the Network diagram in white space.

Select Layout

Check the show Label Links option. It isn't what you asked for, but does display the info you need.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Sunday, January 17, 2016 8:46 PM
  • Not without a lot of work using something other than Microsoft Project!

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Monday, January 18, 2016 9:07 AM
  • The Network Chart in WBS Schedule Pro does this. Go to www.criticaltools.com or specifically (www.criticaltools.com/Network%20Charts.html) to check it out.

It takes data directly from Project and displays the task relationships as you described. In fact, WBS Schedule Pro has been making better Network Charts from Microsoft Project plans for 20+ years!

Hope this helps.

Jim

• Proposed as answer by Rob Schneider Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:26 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:22 PM