USB not recognizing anything except mouse and xbox controller. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi tech support,

I recently had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows vista 32 bit home premium edition. After installing the OS and motherboard chipset cd I tried putting in my flash drive to get some files that I saved but the computer isn't recognizing it, nor my USB wireless router, only my mouse and 360 controller are recognized.

DETAILS: There's NO error message stating "usb device not recognized", it simply acts like there's nothing plugged into the USB, opening up 'Hardware Manager' I check to see if there are yellow exclamation marks or anything and like above, it acts like nothing is plugged in, except for the mouse and 360 controller. When viewing 'disk management' while my flash drive is plugged in, it only shows my HD and my DVD drive.

ATTEMPTED SOLUTIONS: I've tried plugging my flash drive into different slots, uninstalled all my USB drivers so they'd be reinstalled on reboot, I've reinstalled my chipset cd, checked the USB cord connected to my mobo, checked my USB settings in my BIOS, deleted the 'inf.CACHE.1' file in the C:/ windows/inf folder, installed my wireless router's drivers and still no results.

I'm running out of options here, help would be appreciated, thanks.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please make sure that all the updates are installed, the chipset and Bios are updated.

Does this flash driver work on other computers?

If any USB hub is used, please bypass it and connect directly. If any un-used USB device is connected, please also unplug it.

Also, please boot in Clean Boot to test this issue.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:36 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:37 AM