none
Task updates to autopublish after users accept it RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to make tasks updates to be published automatically after the user accept/reject them.

I think its tricky to have to take 2 steps to make task update visible in project center. Any idea?

Thanks in advance! :D

Thursday, October 8, 2015 1:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

sorry, there is no OOB solution for that (only in combination with auto approval by rule). But I assume, that you don't want an auto approval rule.

There are partner tools out there, e.g. publish each night all projects automatically.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Thursday, October 8, 2015 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

sorry, there is no OOB solution for that (only in combination with auto approval by rule). But I assume, that you don't want an auto approval rule.

There are partner tools out there, e.g. publish each night all projects automatically.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Thursday, October 8, 2015 1:27 PM
  • You are right, I need to accept manually. I will look into partner tools then.

Thank you!

Thursday, October 8, 2015 1:34 PM
  • Hi Juan,

Try reading below URL may be it would be of help to you, its not OOB as Barbra has mentioned but just a work around.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/brookswhite/archive/2012/01/30/auto-accept-of-task-updates-status-manager-with-rule.aspx

Regards,

Faizan.

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 6:11 AM
  • Hi Juan,

I think is not a good idea to auto publish tasks after accepting them, sometimes project managers may review their plans before publishing.

Hope this help you.

Jalal Blali MCTS, MCITP

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 6:56 PM