none
Unusual behavior when filling in %complete RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

Many of my users have gotten into a habit of typing in 100% when completing a task which also fills in the dates for the task. We recently noticed however that when publishing, the percentages reset for some tasks and we did not know the reason until instead of filling in the percentage, we filled in the "Actual Finish Date". That is when a popup shows up with a following message:

"the resource is assigned outside the original dates for task XYZ in Project A".

"The duration of this fixed-duration task will change to accommodate the resource assignment".

Below is rather detailed explanation of what is happening.

My question is why such different behavior? There is no popup when marking percent complete 100% and percentage seems to change back on a "publish". But when I choose the "Actual Finish Date" there is a useful message as to what his wrong.

I have not been able to find an explanation for this searching on my own and I do want to get my users to stop filling in the percentages and instead populate the "Actual Finish" date.

Thank you,

Jack

Thanks, Jack

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 3:13 PM