Skype for business cannot communicate with skype user RRS feed

• Question

• We have upgrade our license to Office 365 Business Essentials which includes Skype for Business.

The following setup are by default and I didn't change.

Skype for Business admin center > Organization > External communications

1. external access > On except for blocked domains
    2. Public IM connectivity > (Box checked) Let people use Skype for Business to communicate with Skype users outside your organization.

Here are my problems.
    Q1: From skype apps on Win7, I can send Contact Request to Skype-for-business user. But Skype-for-business user never receive the Contact Request message.

From Skype-for-business apps on Win7, I can find and send message to skype user. But Skype user never receive that message.

From  Skype-for-business apps on Win7, I can easily find and communicate with Skype-for-business in same organization.

What's wrong with my testing?

I've studied the following link too.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-hk/SkypeForBusiness/set-up-skype-for-business-online/let-skype-for-business-users-add-skype-contacts?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Always state that it is related with firewall. But firewall doesn't block and has same result if using mobile network.

Q2: Since I'm new with Skype-for-business, is it mainly use for commerical within same organization? Some users are already using Skype apps (personal) for their work.  Now we have  Skype-for-business. Should we ask them to use Skype-for-business instead of Skype (personal)?

Monday, February 19, 2018 9:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Q1:Would you please tell us did the issue only happen to specific user or all users had the issue?

When you send IM, are there any error messages? If so, please provide it for us to do troubleshooting.

If the specific user had the issue, please try to rebuild user profile check if the issue persists.

Q2: In the same organization, you can use SFB for users to communicate each other, it's no problem. If they are in different organiztion, you need to do federation then users can use SFB communicate

Hope the reply is helpful to you

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got a SRV record in public DNS for _sipfederationtls._tcp.yourdomain.com?

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 10:30 AM
  • Deleted
    • Marked as answer by EcoAxis Friday, February 23, 2018 3:43 AM
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:32 PM
  • Solved after I add back the related DNS records for "Skype for Business". Thanks much.
    • Edited by EcoAxis Friday, February 23, 2018 3:45 AM
    Friday, February 23, 2018 3:44 AM