none
Local email Exchange 2007

    Question

  • Hi All

    Last month we did a migration of one of our domain name(abc.com.sg) MX and DNS record from our to another company. After updating all the necessary record changes and waiting for 48 hours all external email to abc.com.sg flow into the Exchange server of the new company.

    The issue we are facing is with the local email. A handful of users are still using the abc.com.sg in my company, When the local staff start sending email to each other, the email ended up in my Exchange server instead of routing out to new company. I have remove the domain name in my hub transport server and I have also try to disable and disconnect one of the user mailbox just for testing but result in error.It seem like the local email are not routing out  to the new company server

    Diagnostic information for administrators:

    Generating server: Blue-EXCHMB.bluesky.local

    IMCEAEX-_O=RESEARCH+20INSTRUMENTS+20GROUP_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Nicole+2Echong@ris.local #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

     


     




    Monday, July 3, 2017 9:58 AM

All replies

  • The problem is that you didn't hire an expert to do your migration for you and therefore you forgot to copy the old organization's legacyExchangeDN property to the new organization as an "X500" proxy address.

    If you can't do that migration of properties now, you can tell users to resend the message but address the user from the GAL, and to delete old autocomplete entries in Outlook so that a new one from your new GAL replaces it.


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!


    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:24 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi,

    Thanks for contacting our forum.

    You can also add the X500 address based on the following message:

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    IMCEAEX-_O=RESEARCH+20INSTRUMENTS+20GROUP_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Nicole+2Echong@ris.local #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    According to the NDR error message, as per my experience, this issue is caused by the outlook nickname cache. Because the nickname cache doesn’t store the SMTP address of the Exchange recipients to which senders have been sending e-mail; instead, it stores the X.500 address. Therefore, the issue may be caused by the legacyExchangeDN do not match the recorder in outlook nickname cache. However, usually, we could fix it by adding a X500 address.

    From the NDR message we know the problematic recipient could be “Nicole chong” domain is “ris.local”. So we can refer to the following steps to add the X500 address for this mailbox user:

     

    1. Find the mailbox server that ' Nicole chong ' locates.

    2. Open EAC in the mailbox server

    3. Go to Recipients->Mailboxes, and locate mailbox ' Nicole chong '

    4. Then click the pencil to Edit.

    5. In “EMail Address” tab, if there is, click the X400 address and click “-” to remove the old X400 address.

    6. Click “+” add a X500 address in red box 3(as above picture)as below steps:

     

    To create an X500 proxy address for the old LegacyExchangeDN attribute for the user, make the following changes based on the recipient address in the NDR(see the yellow parts):

     

    • Replace any underscore character (_) with a slash character (/).

    • Replace "+20" with a blank space.

    • Replace "+28" with an opening parenthesis character.

    • Replace "+29" with a closing parenthesis character.

    • Delete the "IMCEAEX-" string.

    • Delete the "@ ris.local" string.

    • Click OK

    Note The most common items will be replaced. However, there may be other symbols in the LegacyExchangeDN attribute that will also be changed from the way that they appear in the NDR. Generally, any character pattern of "+##" must be replaced with the corresponding ASCII symbol( https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/60ecse8t(v=vs.80).aspx ).

    Hope it helps.


    Regards,

    Jason Chao


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, July 5, 2017 7:04 AM
    Moderator