none
Exchange 2010 Mailbox truncates message RRS feed

• Question

• We have a process that send an email to a shared mailbox.  When the mailbox was hosted on Exchange 2003, the message came out properly.  We moved the mailbox to Exchange 2010 SP1 RU3 and now the email message gets truncated.

If we drag the message from Outlook to the desktop and open the .msg file, the content is complete (not truncated) but in outlook, only portion of the message is visible.

Any changes between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 on how the messages may be converted?

Rene Lariviere
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please verify if the message will be truncated when you read it in OWA.

Please verify if the issue occur to all the users.

Please verify the size of the message.

What is the version of your outlook? What is the operation system of the client desktop?

If mail comes from Outlook Express, then please try to check the article below:

Description of the cumulative update for Outlook Express

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887797

After you install Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), the body text of HTML-based e-mail messages that are sent from Outlook Express may be truncated and may be missing data. This problem may occur if the e-mail message contains non-ASCII characters, such as Chinese characters.

Besides, please try to post the header information here.

Xiu Zhang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Any update?
    Friday, November 4, 2011 5:35 AM
  • Sorry about the delay.

It is not truncated when using OWA and the formatting is maintained.

Yes, it occurs for all users.

I have not verified the size of the message.

It occurs with Outlook 2007 and 2010.  Could not verify with Outlook 2003.

Tried sending the message to my email address on Office 365 and reading it using Outlook 2010.  I have the complete message but the formatting is gone, same with OWA.

I will post the header today.

Thanks

Rene Lariviere
    Friday, November 4, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

Please feel free to update here.

Thanks

Xiu

Monday, November 7, 2011 5:51 AM
  • We had this problem with truncated emails immediately after installing SP3.

The emails were not showing correctly anywhere, neither OWA nor Outlook of any version.  It had nothing to do with auto-save or IE-11.

After much runaround, we found the emails were actually truncated by Exchange Server (2010 SP3 RU6).

Then we discovered that by disabling all of our anti-spam agents, the emails came through complete.

The final fix was running the install-antispamagents.ps1 script on the server (Updating the server apparently to SP3).  After that, we turned them all back on and magically...no more truncated emails.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:34 PM