none
Problem backup profiles RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im using DPM 2010 to backup a fileserver that have profiles in it.

I recieved first that there is a problem creating replica because file being skipped is over than 100 (the problem was with the cookies folders in the profiles). I execluded cookies folders and now im getting this error

A critical inconsistency was detected for Volume G:\ on SBCFILE01.sbc.se and therefore changes cannot be replicated for \\?\Volume{6d79f151-8389-11df-8abc-00155d66f027}\Profiles\sthjlo\. (ID 30133 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909D3)

Any suggestions?

Laith.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:21 PM

Answers

• Have a look at the event log on the file server to see if there are any errors to do with the file system or issues accessing data on the files system. Is the VSS writer indicating any errors in the event log?

I'd also suggest scheduling some time to do a chkdsk on the volume where DPM is reporting the issue.

What version of Windows is the file server running?

I've seen similar issues where it appears to be file corruption or some other issue and I've either rebooted the file server to resolve or in some cases copied the offending file on the destination server, deleted the original and renamed the file - DPM was then happy to back this up.

• Marked as answer by Laith IT Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:20 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:23 PM

All replies

• Have a look at the event log on the file server to see if there are any errors to do with the file system or issues accessing data on the files system. Is the VSS writer indicating any errors in the event log?

I'd also suggest scheduling some time to do a chkdsk on the volume where DPM is reporting the issue.

What version of Windows is the file server running?

I've seen similar issues where it appears to be file corruption or some other issue and I've either rebooted the file server to resolve or in some cases copied the offending file on the destination server, deleted the original and renamed the file - DPM was then happy to back this up.

• Marked as answer by Laith IT Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:20 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:23 PM
  • Hi,

My fileserver is a virtual machine that is connected through ISCSI to a NAS box.

I'm in the process of converting this virtual machine to phisical.

All VSS are stiable

I checked the event logs and i saw the following error.

The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume E:. (where E is an ISCSI target).

I'm running windows server 2008.

I will restart the file server and i will take the backup after that and we will see!

MVH,

Laith.

Friday, October 1, 2010 8:49 AM