Outlook 2016 - Calendar Windows Sizing doesn't hold RRS feed

• Question

• You receive a meeting request email from a colleague, you double click on the email which opens a window like the one in this screen shot:

If you then double click on the meeting, the calendar window pops up but it size cannot be changed no matter what you do this window always opens in this small size:

Does anyone know of a way to change the default size of this window. I have recreated this issue on several machines at different sites so it is not to do with my system.

Thanks

Geoff

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Geoff,

I tested in my environment (Outlook 2016 2019 365) and can reproduce your problem.

1. When I click a meeting directly in the message, resize the window > close, then it will still show the size(a random size) before the next time I open it, can't be changed.
    2. When I click a meeting in Calendar tab, resize the window > close, then it will show the changed size the next time I open it.

I researched a lot and I'm afraid this may be by design, I can't find a way to change the default size. In this situation, it is suggested to share your feedback via the Outlook UserVoice forum. I will also help you submit feedback internally。

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 6:02 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

Thanks for looking at this. Not sure I would agree with the "by design" comment as this behaviour seems so inconsistent with how Outlook handles window sizes in other places. Feels more like a little bug to me but no matter.

Please raise this issue where ever you feel it might get a resolution.

Thanks

Geoff

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 2:44 PM
  • Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply.

>>Not sure I would agree with the "by design" comment as this behaviour seems so inconsistent with how Outlook handles window sizes in other places. 

Precisely it may be a error of the current version.

>>Please raise this issue where ever you feel it might get a resolution.

Of course I will. Please keep your Outlook up to date。

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 12, 2020 7:38 AM
  • Hi Geoff,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 7:33 AM
  • Hi Aiden,

I appreciate you looking at this but basically all you have done is verify my initial finding. I don't see how marking this as an answer would benefit anyone but you?

Regards

Geoff

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 7:48 AM
  • Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your quick reply.

By marking the replies above or your own replies as answer, people who have a similar question can know that this is a known error from your thread. And it has been submitted. If you think only I can benefit from it, you can just mark your own reply as answer. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 8:00 AM