none
My "Favorites bar" doesn't load my "favorite bar" contents RRS feed

• Question

• I have all my favorites still in IE 9. But I have three "favorites bar" and all three have the same items, and none of them show the shortcuts when I load the "favorites bar".

I have to click on Favorites on the menu bar to access my "favorites bar". There's been one change that could have caused it, I reverted back to IE9 from IE10.

Any ideas why I have three folders for favorites bar, and why none of these three load the "favorites bar" links in IE 9

I'm running 64bit version of Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks for your help.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the 'Favorties Bar' folder actually maps to the 'favorites\links' folder.

shell:favorites

shell:favorites\links

you've at one stage created your own 'favorites bar' folders, quite separate from the 'favorites bar' (link folder).

type

shell:favorites in the IE address bar to display the windows explorer dialog at the Favorites root folder.

type shell:favorites\links in the IE address bar to display the windows explorer dialog at the Favorites Bar folder...

drag and drop from one window to the other to merge your 'Favorites Bar' folders into the windows explorer dialog at the Favorites Bar root.(Links). Delete your self named 'Favorites bar' folders from the Explorer dialog at the 'favorites' root.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by Niki HanModerator Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:18 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by sepi2008 Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:28 PM
    Sunday, May 19, 2013 10:19 PM
  • Thanks for your response but I know I did not create 3 folders called "Favorites Bar" in "favorites".

The problem somehow resolved itself without me doing anything to fix it! But I'm staying with IE 9 for now.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:27 PM