none
Volume Image of Win 10 w/ Ghost Solution Suite

Question

• I have been looking for an answer to this and have yet to find a solution.

Trying to image Win 10 Enterprise with Symantec Ghost Solution suite and deploy on a large number of stations in a closed network. I'm using the volume key and I active the initial station over the phone. Equipment is all the same (25 identical stations). For previous versions of Windows (NT, 2000, XP, 7) all I had to do was boot to ghost, gather the image and deploy it with some post configuration injection. This did not include sysprep as it would screw up the predefined accounts and create new ones (if would make a brand new trainer1 account and not allow login to the preconfigured trainer account). Fast forward to Win 10 and I'm hitting a brick wall using my old deployment method. I created an image on the base station, gathered it, and tried to deploy it on a test station. Every test station I put it on says it needs to run windows install repair and then asks for re-activation.  I tried using sysprep with unattended file but I'm not sure I'm setting it up right. I include the volume lic key and set skiprearm but it still tries to do an install repair, which fails, then it gets stuck in an install/repair loop that forces me to wipe the drive. Plus I still don't know if sysprep is going to screw up my secured accounts. I need the imaged station to remain active as this will be for a closed network that need rapid recovery and will not have readily available phone access. As I said it worked great up to and including Win 7. I have tried Acronis with same results. I tried swapping hard drives and putting the image on the same machine and the original method works great so it's not the imaging tools or image.

Any suggestions for getting this to work like it did up until Win 10?

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Windows 10 has high security and advanced activation mechanism, users could not use Symantec Ghost tool to create and recover GHO image for deployment.

For Enterprise edition users, the only way to get license for deploying machines is through VLSC, if users don’t purchase enough licenses, they cannot deploy multiple computers.

For your demand, I have no way to achieve it.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:44 AM