error: 53 on my windows xp started a few weeks ago RRS feed

• Question

• How do I get rid of error: 53, it keeps popping up in a window on my Windows XP.   I use internet explorer.  Thanks!
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 3:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Rick,

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the late reply.  I know I didn't give you enough info, so when I went to Best Buy (with more info), I was told the reason was likely my MSN gamesbar, and the fact that it took up a lot of RAM...sure enough, when I deleted the gamesbar, the error code completely disappeared.  Thanks again and take care!

• Marked as answer by suzyq448 Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:18 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:18 AM

All replies

• To correct this error someone will have to take a close look at your computer to try to identify the offending program.

See info @ http://www.ehow.com/how_5030201_fix-run-time-error.html on How To Fix Runtime Error 53

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by suzyq448 Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:14 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by suzyq448 Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:15 AM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:33 AM
  • Hi Rick,

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the late reply.  I know I didn't give you enough info, so when I went to Best Buy (with more info), I was told the reason was likely my MSN gamesbar, and the fact that it took up a lot of RAM...sure enough, when I deleted the gamesbar, the error code completely disappeared.  Thanks again and take care!

• Marked as answer by suzyq448 Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:18 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:18 AM