Printer drivers not not successfully started RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have connected a datacard printer that keeps on giving the error printer driver not successfully started after working for some time. 

Even after restarting the PC or doing PC maintenance it still gives that error.

The same did not happen with windows 7

Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi mnakhone.

Did you check for the printer's and driver's compatibility with Windows 10?
    You could try installing the printer's software in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and check if it works.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:04 AM
  • Hi Bruno,

Windows 7 is working fine. But its not working properly with windows 10. I will check on compatibility and revert.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:09 PM
  • Hi Bruno,

Windows 7 is working fine. But its not working properly with windows 10. I will check on compatibility and revert.

OK.
    I would ask the printer's manufacturer for more information about Windows 10 compatibility, too.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:36 PM
  • HI
    1 what's the detail model of issue printers ?
    2 can you enter winver in command prompt on problematical win10 computer and look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]
     "I have connected a datacard printer that keeps on giving the error printer driver not successfully started after working for some time"
    3 in the past ,your issue printer have been connected to win7 ,then you in-place upgrade from win7 to win10 on the same computer and the issue printer work on win10 fine for some time ,but now it can not continue to work on win10 now.is it ture ?
    4 did you recall when your printer issue first happen ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 25, 2019 1:40 AM
  • HI

Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 5:37 AM
  • HI
    Is there anything to help you ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Monday, November 4, 2019 6:39 AM