SPS 2010: many services on server do not start or stop RRS feed

• Question

• I have one SPS 2010 app server and 3 SharePoint WFE. In 2 of the WFE there are Project Server 2010 installed using ACE NLB. In one of these servers with Project Server I have many services that do not start or stop, such as Secure Store Services, Project Server, PerformancePoint Service, Web Analytics for instance. I tried to use SharePoint Powershell commands to start or stop without success. There is not any problem with other three servers. I tried to start remotely and locally in this specific server.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:16 AM

All replies

• Why are you stopping and starting services? Do you get an error? Are there errors in the SharePoint ULS logs?

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:32 AM
  • Hi Jason,

In my regular checking at all servers I found out this one with many services stopped. It appears as Error Starting or Error Stopping. I do not know when it started to happen. When I try to manually to start or stop it returns the same message. In Powershell there is not any error.

Looking at the ULS log shows for an attempt to start Web Analytics Web Services

10/01/2013 23:41:03.09  w3wp.exe (0x1904)                        0x149C Excel Services Application     Web Front End                  accf Medium   ServerSession.ProcessWebException: A Web exception during ExecuteWebMethod has occurred for server: http://SRVEPM01:32843/ed1258e8a5f74888b3e118e8f63547e7/ExcelService*.asmx, method: GetHealthScore, ex: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.     at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()     at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout), response: 'System.Net.HttpWebResponse', status ProtocolError, user name: DOMAIN\SP.SVC.WEBAPP. 

The SRVEPM01 is the SharePoint App Server.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 2:51 AM