Linked mailboxes and DL's RRS feed

• Question

• Running Exchange 2007 and AD 2008.

Two forests:

ExchForest: Contains mailboxes
    ADForest: Contains AD accounts

The mailboxes in ExchForest are linked to the AD accounts in ADForest. The corresonding AD accounts for those mailboxes in ExchForest are disabled.

When we add users to Distribution Lists, what are we actually adding to the DL? The ExchForest AD account or the ADForest AD account?
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 6:14 PM

Answers

• You would be adding the exch forest account as this is the one that appears in the GAL.
    Sukh
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:15 PM
  • On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:14:03 +0000, Joe Budden wrote:

>Running Exchange 2007 and AD 2008. Two forests: ExchForest: Contains mailboxes ADForest: Contains AD accounts The mailboxes in ExchForest are linked to the AD accounts in ADForest. The corresonding AD accounts for those mailboxes in ExchForest are disabled. When we add users to Distribution Lists, what are we actually adding to the DL? The ExchForest AD account or the ADForest AD account?

The distinguished name of the AD account that has the Exchange
    properties. That's typically the AD User account in the resource
    forest.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:50 AM
  • Hi,

It should be adding DistinguishedName of Mailbox account in the ExchForest.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 4:54 AM

All replies

• You would be adding the exch forest account as this is the one that appears in the GAL.
    Sukh
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:15 PM
  • On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:14:03 +0000, Joe Budden wrote:

>Running Exchange 2007 and AD 2008. Two forests: ExchForest: Contains mailboxes ADForest: Contains AD accounts The mailboxes in ExchForest are linked to the AD accounts in ADForest. The corresonding AD accounts for those mailboxes in ExchForest are disabled. When we add users to Distribution Lists, what are we actually adding to the DL? The ExchForest AD account or the ADForest AD account?

The distinguished name of the AD account that has the Exchange
    properties. That's typically the AD User account in the resource
    forest.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:50 AM
  • Hi,

It should be adding DistinguishedName of Mailbox account in the ExchForest.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 4:54 AM