IE8 Title Bar unwanted entry. RRS feed

• Question

• I just run WinXP Pro and update IE to IE8. Much to my surprise, (Microsoft is American right? therefore English) in the IE8 title bar a sentence (message?) appeared :"Sowar? PagSureOy!!! Guba gyud nang PC nimo!" I don't know what it means or what is it for. Even though I change sites. the message is alway appended in the end of the title of the web page I just opened. Is there any significance to this? Is there a way to delete/erase it?

Enlighten me. Thanks,
    NatzGS
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi NatzGS,

Sounds like your machine is infected with malware. Please download and install Microsoft Security Essentials from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
    and clean your machine.

Hope this helps,

\Rob
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:09 PM
  • You might also try clearing your IE cache and cookies.  Click Tools-> Internet Options.  Then in the Browsing history click Delete... and Make sure Cookies and Temporary Internet files is checked and click Delete.
    -Matt
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:22 PM
  • Thanks, but it did'nt work. Secueirty essential acanned my computer a found a lot of threats but it cannot delete or remove the same. I don't know why but the prompt say it cannot remove it. I have to download some files, but it did'nt work. Is there any other way?
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:05 AM
  • Hi RobSchee,

I tried your suggestion but it didn't work. i already have Microsoft Security Essentials installed. It I dentified the virus/malware but it could not remove it. I was thinking of reformatting my hard drive but then I have to reinstall windows XP. My problem would be; can I reactivate my OS what if the title bar unwanted entry would still be there.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:32 AM
  • Hi NatzGS,

You can always reactivate your OS after a reinstall. Depending on how many times you've activated already, it might be necessary to phone for activation as opposed to activate through the Internet.

About the title bar entry: I'm pretty sure this will be gone after a reinstall.

Hope this helps!

\Rob
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 7:40 AM