Call transfer with pre announcement fails with SIP response code 481 RRS feed

• Question

• Can some help me or point me in the right direction with the foollowing issue i experience a customer site?

The following happens:

Lync User A makes an internal call to Lync user B witch uses the Lync Attendant. Lync user A want's to be transfered to a response group. Lync user B puts Lync user A on hold and calls the response group and get's a Lync user C on the phones and tells that Lync user A wants to speak to them and than transfers the call but the call can't be transfered. Lync user B can get Lync user A back from hold but no transfer possible.

When Lync user B does a blind transfer everything works fine. Or when Lync user B calls directly to Lync user C and transfers call with pre announcement it works fine as well. From every Lync user it is possible to call every Lync user or group mentioned directly.

In the printscreen you see a SIP response code 481 - Call/Transaction Does Not Exist but i can not point my finger where this goes wrong. I have a trace from server side and a trace from Lync user B side, but no errors there.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:08 PM

Answers

• How strange but it seems it comes from the setting made in the response group "Enable agent anonymity" This was enabled by customer, after disableing customer say it's working fine. I read the Microsoft technet documentation and i think this is the case because of a consultative transfer.

A consultative transfer is where the agent who received the call first (that is, the "transfer initiator") talks to the agent or user that they want to transfer call to (that is, the "transfer receiver") before they actually transfer the call. Consultative transfers are supported when the transfer receiver is not anonymous. If the transfer initiator consultative transfers a call to a PSTN or a Lync user and uses the anonymous option, the call will appear to transfer properly to the receiver. However, the transfer will fail and the transferred caller is disconnected. The transfer initiator can be either anonymous or known, but the effect is the same if the transfer receiver is anonymous.

• Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:40 AM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:48 PM

All replies

• Please use OCSLogger.exe to do SIPStack traces and view the logs with the Snooper tool from Resource Kit.

You will not find all information in the Monitoring reports

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:06 PM
  • Hi,Robster,

Would you please verify that if you have unselected "enable SIP refer" and "Media bypass" on your trunk configuration?If not please uncheck them,commit the changes and restart your Mediation Server or Mediation service on your FE server.

Hope this does the trick.

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:12 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

Refer and Media bypass are both disabled. I disbaled it in previous scenario's because of issue's with an unsupported trunk with refer and media bypass. Thanks for thinking with me ;)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:29 AM
  • How strange but it seems it comes from the setting made in the response group "Enable agent anonymity" This was enabled by customer, after disableing customer say it's working fine. I read the Microsoft technet documentation and i think this is the case because of a consultative transfer.

A consultative transfer is where the agent who received the call first (that is, the "transfer initiator") talks to the agent or user that they want to transfer call to (that is, the "transfer receiver") before they actually transfer the call. Consultative transfers are supported when the transfer receiver is not anonymous. If the transfer initiator consultative transfers a call to a PSTN or a Lync user and uses the anonymous option, the call will appear to transfer properly to the receiver. However, the transfer will fail and the transferred caller is disconnected. The transfer initiator can be either anonymous or known, but the effect is the same if the transfer receiver is anonymous.

• Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:40 AM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:48 PM
  • Had the same problem here, and the solution Robster_1 presented was the one who worked for me.

Friday, July 1, 2016 12:26 PM