none
Question on how to Hide the User Name, Password, and Domain fields in the MDT Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• MDT 2012 U1

Deploying Windows 7 via Offline Media (ISO) to MS Virtual PC's

I am looking on how to Hide the User Name, Password, and Domain fields which are prepopulated in the MDT wizard via the CS.ini (Not so concerned about the Domain field as I am User Name and Password)

We do need the Computer Name and OU fields to be seen, so skipping the wizard is not a option

The client just does not want these fields to be seen by the end users, they dont want them to even know the account name used for adding the machine to the domain, of course the password is not displayed but it must not be displayed either.

But since we use the fields they must still  be fuctional just not seen.

Thanks.....

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:13 PM

Answers

• You'll need to add the user, password, and domain to the CS.ini and then skip the Wizard pane. I believe the option in CS.ini is SkipAdminPassword=YES.

Check the MDT help files, specifically Property Definitions.

-Nick O.

This is the option I am more looking for.

Off the top of my head, one way would be to modify the DeployWiz_Definition_ENU.xml file to hide that specific field from view. 

<input type=text id=username Name="DomainAdmin" size=25 language=vbscript onpropertychange=ValidateDomainMembership accesskey=m>

to

<input type=hidden id=username Name="DomainAdmin" size=25 language=vbscript onpropertychange=ValidateDomainMembership accesskey=m>

It doesn't break validation and execution in MDT

• Marked as answer by Massivesystem Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:27 PM
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:24 PM

All replies

• You'll need to add the user, password, and domain to the CS.ini and then skip the Wizard pane. I believe the option in CS.ini is SkipAdminPassword=YES.

-Nick O.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:20 PM

-Nick O.

This is the option I am more looking for.

Off the top of my head, one way would be to modify the DeployWiz_Definition_ENU.xml file to hide that specific field from view. 

<input type=text id=username Name="DomainAdmin" size=25 language=vbscript onpropertychange=ValidateDomainMembership accesskey=m>

to

<input type=hidden id=username Name="DomainAdmin" size=25 language=vbscript onpropertychange=ValidateDomainMembership accesskey=m>

It doesn't break validation and execution in MDT

• Marked as answer by Massivesystem Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:27 PM
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:24 PM
  • You shouldn't have to edit DeployWiz_Definition_ENU.xml. You should only need to add "SkipAdminPassword=YES" to the CS.ini file and your authentication information.

Example:

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipCapture=NO
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    UserID=<MyUserID>
    UserPassword=<MyPassword>
    UserDomain=<MyDomain.com>
    SkipProductKey=NO
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipBitLocker=NO

-Nick O.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:38 PM
  • You shouldn't have to edit DeployWiz_Definition_ENU.xml. You should only need to add "SkipAdminPassword=YES" to the CS.ini file and your authentication information.

Example:

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipCapture=NO
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    UserID=<MyUserID>
    UserPassword=<MyPassword>
    UserDomain=<MyDomain.com>
    SkipProductKey=NO
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipBitLocker=NO

-Nick O.

Nick,

SkipAdminPassword=YES is for:

You can skip the Administrator Password wizard page by using this property in the customsettings.ini.

I am hidding the Username/Password/and domain field in the computer name Wizard pane which is read from the cs.ini

DomainAdmin=xxxxx
    DomainAdminPassword=xxxxx
    DomainAdminDomain=xxxxxx
    JoinDomain=xxxxxx

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:01 PM
  • If you have an automated method for naming, you can skip that wizard pane using SkipDomainMembership=YES. But it sounds like you want to name the machine using the wizard pane but not display the lines for Domain Admin, Password, and Domain, correct?

-Nick O.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:13 PM
  • If you have an automated method for naming, you can skip that wizard pane using SkipDomainMembership=YES. But it sounds like you want to name the machine using the wizard pane but not display the lines for Domain Admin, Password, and Domain, correct?

-Nick O.

Yes the computers are being named in the wizard that is the reason why I am not skippng it

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:55 AM