Anniversary upgrade destroyed my work machine RRS feed

• Question

• My work machine was using a Cisco VPN client, which the upgrade removed as incompatible.  Can I permanently rollback this upgrade, so I can keep using my work machine?

Friday, September 23, 2016 1:00 PM

Answers

• Only LTSB (enterprise) can prevent updates.  If you have any other version it will try to download and install it again.  You might want to investigate a different vpn

You can also mark the connection as metered so no updates are downloaded as a work around

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Friday, September 23, 2016 1:19 PM
  • Hi,

Go to Setting-> Updates & Security->Recovery, Click on Get Started, then you can roll back to previous Windows version, the behavior can be achieved in 10 days.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 26, 2016 1:56 AM

All replies

• Only LTSB (enterprise) can prevent updates.  If you have any other version it will try to download and install it again.  You might want to investigate a different vpn

You can also mark the connection as metered so no updates are downloaded as a work around

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Friday, September 23, 2016 1:19 PM
  • Hi,

Go to Setting-> Updates & Security->Recovery, Click on Get Started, then you can roll back to previous Windows version, the behavior can be achieved in 10 days.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 26, 2016 1:56 AM
  • Extract installation package so, that you get .msi package.

First install dneupdate_x64.msi or dneupdate_x86.msi and then install vpnclient_setup.msi and then use this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11767626/windows-8-installation-vpn-client-software-x86-64-bit-version-results

For me working fine on anniversary.

Monday, September 26, 2016 6:11 AM