Windows 7 Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• Files started going missing after I saved them.  Rebuilt index but now two of my document folders are reported empty when I open them.  A program that uses the files in one of these folders still shows the pictures.  Prior to this, I had several instances of a file not being found by the program, yet the file was "somewhere" on the computer. I could use some help.
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 11:23 PM

Answers

• Files started going missing after I saved them.  Rebuilt index but now two of my document folders are reported empty when I open them.  A program that uses the files in one of these folders still shows the pictures.  Prior to this, I had several instances of a file not being found by the program, yet the file was "somewhere" on the computer. I could use some help.

Hi

What is the name and exact path to the empty folders?

Where exactly is the program looking for the file that it cannot find?

Let us know.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, September 13, 2010 1:17 AM
    Sunday, September 5, 2010 6:34 AM
  • Hi, did this issue appear before? If it work well before, please try to restore your system. And try to  do a whole disk search  by using files name to see if the file was redirected another place.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 6, 2010 6:54 AM

All replies

Hi

What is the name and exact path to the empty folders?

Where exactly is the program looking for the file that it cannot find?

Let us know.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Sunday, September 5, 2010 6:34 AM
  • Hi, did this issue appear before? If it work well before, please try to restore your system. And try to  do a whole disk search  by using files name to see if the file was redirected another place.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 6, 2010 6:54 AM