none
DPM cannot access the path because part of the path has been deleted or renamed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have troubles with secondary protection of some datasources on DPM 2016

My Config:

Primary DPM2016 RU1 on SRV2016

Secondary DPM2016 RU1 on SRV2016

When i try to protect replicas from primary DPM on secondary DPM, on page "Review Disk Storage Allocation" I get next error:

DPM cannot access the path <DataSource> because part of the path has been deleted or renamed.

Is this known issue? Can anyobdy help me?

Thx

Tornado

Monday, January 23, 2017 1:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm having the same issue.  Did you find a resolution?
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:22 PM
  • Unfortunatelly not yet

Tornado

Thursday, March 2, 2017 5:01 PM
  • I found a workaround.  If you add the protection via PowerShell, it will work.

$ServerName = "ProtectedServer"
    $DatasourceName = "DataSourceName"
    $ProtectionGroupName = "ProtectionGroupName"

# The below is wrapped in a "try" so that it operates atomically.
    try {
    $pg = Get-DPMProtectionGroup
    $tpg = $pg | ? { $_.Name -ieq $ProtectionGroupName }
    $mpg = Get-DPMModifiableProtectionGroup $tpg
    $ps = Get-DPMProductionServer
    $tps = $ps | ? { $_.ServerName -ieq $ServerName -and $_.ServerProtectionState -eq 'HasDatasourcesProtected' }
    $ds = Get-DPMDatasource -ProductionServer $tps -Inquire | ? { $_.Name -ieq $DatasourceName }
    Add-DPMChildDatasource -ProtectionGroup $mpg -ChildDatasource $ds
    Set-DatasourceDiskAllocation -Datasource $ds -ProtectionGroup $mpg
    Set-DPMProtectionGroup -ProtectionGroup $mpg
    } finally { }

After it finishes, it will show up as waiting for data in the console.  Just kick off a consistency check and it will perform the initial synchronization.

Friday, March 3, 2017 6:37 PM
  • We have the same problem and almost the same scenario except RU2.

Unfortunately this script does not work for us. It throws us an error:

Set-DatasourceDiskAllocation : Operation failed since the protected data source size had not been calculated for G:\ on
     filesrvdrc01.contoso.com prior to running this operation. (ID: 31000)
    Ensure that Get-DatasourceDiskAllocation and Set-DatasourceDiskAllocation are executed successfully prior to running th
    is operation.
    At line:9 char:1
    + Set-DatasourceDiskAllocation -Datasource $db -ProtectionGroup $mpg
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-DPMDatasourceDiskAllocation], DlsException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CalculateSizePending,Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.Cmdlet.ProtectionCmdLet
       s.SetDiskAllocation
    Set-DPMProtectionGroup : There is insufficient space on the storage pool disks to allocate the replica and recovery poi
    nt volumes (ID: 171)
    Add more disks to the storage pool by using the Disks tab in the Management task area, or reduce the specified allocati
    ons
    At line:10 char:1
    + Set-DPMProtectionGroup -ProtectionGroup $mpg
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-DPMProtectionGroup], DlsException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InsufficientSpaceOnReplica,Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.Cmdlet.Protection
       CmdLets.CommitProtectionGroup

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 11:46 AM
  • As per the error, "Set-DPMProtectionGroup : There is insufficient space on the storage pool disks to allocate the replica and recovery point volumes (ID: 171)"

You are out of space in your storage pool.  Add more disks and you should be good!

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:43 PM
  • Hi Timothy

Having this same issue. Could you please expand on what values you would use in the 

$ServerName = "ProtectedServer"
    $DatasourceName = "DataSourceName"
    $ProtectionGroupName = "ProtectionGroupName"

variables, assuming the scenario of protecting the data sources on a secondary server

many thanks

Thursday, May 11, 2017 12:34 PM
  • ServerName and DatasourceName correspond to the values used on the primary.  So if it's the D: drive on a server called SERVER1, you just do...

$ServerName = "SERVER1"
    $DatasourceName = "D:"

$ProtectionGroupName refers to the protection group you want to add the secondary protection to on the secondary server.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:59 AM
  • the script also does not work for me. An error prompt:

PS C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2016\DPM\DPM\bin> Set-DatasourceDiskAllocation -Datasource $ds -ProtectionGroup $mpg
    Set-DatasourceDiskAllocation : Operation failed since the protected data source size had not been calculated for D:\ on
    HKFCAPP1.fpdsavills.com.hk prior to running this operation. (ID: 31000)
    Ensure that Get-DatasourceDiskAllocation and Set-DatasourceDiskAllocation are executed successfully prior to running this
    operation.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Set-DatasourceDiskAllocation -Datasource $ds -ProtectionGroup $mpg
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-DPMDatasourceDiskAllocation], DlsException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CalculateSizePending,Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.Cmdlet.ProtectionCmdLets.SetDiskAl
    PS C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2016\DPM\DPM\bin>

Friday, June 16, 2017 3:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by BOETORNADO Tuesday, September 18, 2018 11:43 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 11:42 AM