none
PM still sees project in Project Centre even when no longer assigned to the project... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

A pm on a project has changed but the old pm can still see the project even though they are not supposed to do so.  Is there something that can be done (I've already published the project)

Many thanks

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Monday, February 5, 2018 2:34 AM
    Monday, February 5, 2018 2:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

when you have a look at category "My Projects" you will see "The User is the Project Owner or the User is the Status Manager on assignments within that Project ". The "Status Manager" is the reason, why the old PM still sees the project. Status Manager ist set on task level is by default the user who created the task. Ask your new PM to open project in Project Professional, add column "Status Manager", set name to his name and publish. Be aware, that he either needs to create at least one task or assign him- or herself as Status Manager to at least one task, before the name will be added to available Status Managers. This can't be done by an admin.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:50 AM
  • Hi James,

as I worte: "Ask your new PM to open project in Project Professional, add column "Status Manager", set name to his name and publish"

So first, you new PM has to set himself as Status Manager for at least one task to be available in the Status Manager list. He can also just add a task - for the new task, he will be set as Status Manager and therefore be added to the list of available Status Managers.

This first step cannot be done be anyone else.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

when you have a look at category "My Projects" you will see "The User is the Project Owner or the User is the Status Manager on assignments within that Project ". The "Status Manager" is the reason, why the old PM still sees the project. Status Manager ist set on task level is by default the user who created the task. Ask your new PM to open project in Project Professional, add column "Status Manager", set name to his name and publish. Be aware, that he either needs to create at least one task or assign him- or herself as Status Manager to at least one task, before the name will be added to available Status Managers. This can't be done by an admin.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:50 AM
  • Nice one Barbara. 

Thanks.

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Monday, February 5, 2018 2:55 PM
    Monday, February 5, 2018 2:55 PM
  • Hi Barbara

In the Status Manager column, the new PM is not listed (even after publish).  How can I see the new PM's name?

Many thanks 

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:34 AM
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:34 AM
  • Hi James,

as I worte: "Ask your new PM to open project in Project Professional, add column "Status Manager", set name to his name and publish"

So first, you new PM has to set himself as Status Manager for at least one task to be available in the Status Manager list. He can also just add a task - for the new task, he will be set as Status Manager and therefore be added to the list of available Status Managers.

This first step cannot be done be anyone else.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 7:46 AM
  • Fully understood.  Sorry for being a bit slow :-)   

Thanks Barbara

• Edited by JamesP435 Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:42 AM