locked
Exchange 2013 to 2007 Mail Flow Not working RRS feed

  • Question

  • Dear All,

    We are upgrading Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013 Latest CU

    All Pre-req are done, Co -Existence has been Established

    All other functinality working fine , apart from mail flow from Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2007

    Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013 Works fine

    I Tested Telnet from Exchange 2013 and Tried to send mail to Exchange 2007 and that also works , but when I am sending mail using outlook or OWA , mail gets stuck in Exchange 2013 queue and doesnt proceed 

    Any idea what could be going wrong 

    Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:31 PM

Answers

  • Look at the queue viewer and report back on the error message.

    Did you make any changes to the default receive connector in Exchange 2007, or did you create any other receive connectors?  It's likely that something like that is breaking connectivity from Exchange 2013.


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

    • Marked as answer by vgahod Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:38 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:15 PM
  • Hi,

    In addition to checking detail error message in Queue Viewer, I also suggest you check mail flow with message tracking log:

    Get-MessageTrackingLog -Sender usera@domain.com -Recipients userb@domain.com -MessageSubject "XXXXX"

    Meanwhile, as Exchange 2007 has ended its support lifecycle, I would suggest you migrate all users to Exchange 2013 as soon as possible.  

    Regards,

    Kyle Xu


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

    Friday, May 31, 2019 9:16 AM

All replies

  • Look at the queue viewer and report back on the error message.

    Did you make any changes to the default receive connector in Exchange 2007, or did you create any other receive connectors?  It's likely that something like that is breaking connectivity from Exchange 2013.


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

    • Marked as answer by vgahod Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:38 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:15 PM
  • I didnt change anything on default receive connector, but there are other connectors. I disabled all customized connector, but still the same issue. Currently in quue no error detected. Last error field says blank. Just getting delivery delayed in exch 2013 mailbox
    • Edited by vgahod Friday, May 31, 2019 9:15 AM Update
    Friday, May 31, 2019 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

    In addition to checking detail error message in Queue Viewer, I also suggest you check mail flow with message tracking log:

    Get-MessageTrackingLog -Sender usera@domain.com -Recipients userb@domain.com -MessageSubject "XXXXX"

    Meanwhile, as Exchange 2007 has ended its support lifecycle, I would suggest you migrate all users to Exchange 2013 as soon as possible.  

    Regards,

    Kyle Xu


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

    Friday, May 31, 2019 9:16 AM
  • It's hard to say any more without more information.  You can turn up protocol logging and look at SMTP commands and responses.


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!


    Friday, May 31, 2019 7:47 PM
  • Hi,

    Any update about this thread now?

    Regards,

    Kyle Xu


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Dear All,

    Thanks for the help , Issue has been resolved now , it was one of the receive connector causing the problem , Exchange Server Authentication was not enabled 

    Enabled and Mail flow is working fine 

    Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:38 PM
  • I'm happy you have your problem resolved, but that fix is a workaround.  The receive connector you fixed should probably be fixed a different way because Exchange servers should be communicating via the Default connector.  I'm assuming that the misconfigured connector has an overly broad RemoteIPRanges and you should reduce the scope to remove the Exchange Servers.  This isn't an urgent thing, but doing it could help you avoid other problems in the future.

    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

    Monday, June 10, 2019 3:36 PM