Sidebar Clock RRS feed

• Question

• After doing some updates to my computer (Vista Home Premium) I noticed that the clocks displayed in the sidebar were all showing the time as set on the computer. Previously,I had the ability to set the clock according to different World Time Zones. This drop  down facility in not now available and only the option "Set to Current Computer Time"  and "Show the second hand" comes up.

I particularly want to see my clocks with the varying time zones showing the zone time - in other words GMT+ 4 hours  etc.
    Have searched the web looking for information that will solve this problem,but unable to find anything.
    Could the existing Windows Sidebar be uninstalled and a replacement sidebar be downloaded from Microsoft?
    I do not think the PC is set with Windows 7 - how can i verify this?
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi meacham,

In Windows 7, Gadgets are the evolution of the Windows Sidebar from Windows Vista. There is no longer a Sidebar on the edge of the screen. Gadgets are free-floating on the desktop. For your reference, I have included a screenshot below:

For more information about Gadget, please refer to
    Windows Desktop Gadgets

If you would like to check the version of Windows, please go to Start, type winver in the Search box and then click winver.exe.

If the issue occurs in Windows Vista, please submit a new thread to Windows Vista IT Pro Forums. In addition, you also try System Restore to restore the system to the date before installing updates to check this issue.

Thanks,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:47 AM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:07 AM