Unexpected Custom User Role Behavior RRS feed

• Question

• We are attempting to create custom user roles for our environment.  However, the user roles do not seem to work with some of our custom views.  I have views for Work Items, that show items based off of status (for example 'In-Progress Work Items', 'Completed Work Items', etc.).  While the views are visible to the custom user roles, they will not load any Work Items.  The only exception to this is the 'All Work Item' view.  All the views work with the out of the box user roles.  I am guessing there is some permissions issue with the criteria of the views, but I can't figure it out.  I have tried to modify the scope of custom user roles but it doesn't appear I am able to.
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

have the User Roles access to the Management Pack(s) where the Views are stored?

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:45 PM
  • In addition to Stefan:

Do you use Queues in SCSM to filter Work Items based on criteria? 

Andreas Baumgarten

Thursday, May 16, 2019 3:10 PM
  • Yes, I gave the user roles access to all work items.  I also made one for test purposes that copies the 'Advanced Operator' user role.  I gave it access to all work items and have it set to all for everything else (queues, groups, views, etc.).  The OOB Advanced Operator group will load the items in the views, but the one created from it will not.

Edit: After some more digging/testing it seems that selecting 'All catalog items can be accessed' works, but selecting 'Provide access to only the selected groups' and selecting all of them does not.  Not sure what would be causing this issue.

• Edited by Ryan Acton Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:38 PM Further info
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:23 PM
  • We are not using queues for filtering currently, however, all our user roles have access to all queues as well.
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:24 PM
  • The new created custom roles are based on which Default User Roles?

You wrote if custom role is based on the Advanced Operators role it worked?

Andreas Baumgarten

Friday, May 17, 2019 6:38 AM
  • The custom role I am currently testing is based off of the 'Advanced Operators' role.  I have discovered that it will work if I leave the 'Catalog item Groups' set to 'All catalog items can be accessed'.  However, when I change it to 'Provide access to only the selected groups', my views no longer work.  The views won't work even if I check all of the catalog groups.  The views don't have any criteria based on the catalog groups, so I don't know why this would affect them.
    Friday, May 17, 2019 12:19 PM