locked
Error :"One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields" RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have just performed a database attach upgrade to Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 from SharePoint 2007. Then I changed the UI Version to 4, and imported V4.master.
    But When I try to access the pages in the Pages Library or access to "Content and structure" in site Adminsitrator, i get the error message "One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields"
    Friday, February 11, 2011 2:41 AM

Answers

  • Install the latest patch,problem solving.
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:48 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:45 AM

All replies

  • Hmmm...this might be caused by master page. please try to check if there is something wrong with it.

    Hope it helps.

    Best,R
    Yuejun


    Thanks, Yuejun Sun
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:06 AM
  • try to check the link:http://blog.njpenterprises.com/archive/2009/12/18/one-or-more-fieldtypes-are-not-installed-properly-after-upgrading-site-from-2007-to-2010.aspx.

     


    Thanks, Yuejun Sun
    • Proposed as answer by drudolph Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:41 PM
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:12 AM
  • I've had this before when upgrading, the cause a 2007 feature that added a new field type definition that did not get upgraded when moving to 2010 (only caused an error after visual upgrade). However installing an updated copy of that field definition fixed it :)
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:52 AM
  • Hi Maarten,

    Thanks for your suggestions.


    Thanks, Yuejun Sun
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 1:59 AM
  • Install the latest patch,problem solving.
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:48 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:45 AM
  • wengnet,

    How do I find the latest patch?

     

    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:43 PM
  • try to check the link:http://blog.njpenterprises.com/archive/2009/12/18/one-or-more-fieldtypes-are-not-installed-properly-after-upgrading-site-from-2007-to-2010.aspx.

     


    Thanks, Yuejun Sun


    Yuejun,

    This resolved the issue. Thanks!

    Daryl

    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:43 PM
  • One of those things you already knew but forgot to use.

    As it turns out, the underlying name of fields in a SharePoint list have a naming convention.

    In my case, a field named: Employee Number  is actually  Employee_x0020_Number  if you want to reference it with SPQuery.

    Here is some infor on filed naming:

    http://www.sharepointdiary.com/2011/06/sharepoint-field-display-name-vs-internal-name.html

    Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:37 PM