none
update to dpm 1801 failed RRS feed

  • Question

  • hello,

    i started the update from dpm 2016 sp4 to dpm 1801.

    i made the mistake that i used the remote SQL netbios name and not the FQDN, sql\dpm and not sql.contoso.com\dpm.

    at the end the upgrade finished with error:

    Error: Setup cannot grant the <account name> account access to the DPM database.
    Verify that SQL Server is properly installed and that it is running.
    ID: 832

    now if i restart the setup program to give the right sql name. it allow only to uninstall DPM.

    how could i install the update now without to uninstall dpm and reinstall it?

    regards

    Greg

    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:19 AM

All replies

  • I would to a restore of dpm 2016 UR4 using the backup you took before you upgraded.  you could try and fix it. by giving the account name access, and checking the registry for the server name (Can't remember where in the registry the sql settings are but a quick google search should tell you).  Once corrected it should work.  
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 4:42 PM
  • Had the same problem, the domain was entered incorrectly for the credentials causing the install to fail.  Now we have to do a restore.  I was actually able to restore the DPM DB using this article https://technet.microsoft.com/nb-no/library/jj244595(v=sc.12).aspx only restoring the DB using SQL instead of the DPM tool.

    The entire ordeal was highly unnecessary and the domain field should have been fixed a long time ago, as I know it has existed since at least 2016 RTM.

    • Proposed as answer by JN1226 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 3:47 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by JN1226 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 3:47 PM
    • Edited by JN1226 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 3:48 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:25 AM