.NET Runtime Optimization Service error SQL Server 2008 R2 x64 sp1 cu 5 RRS feed

• Question

•  hello,

i've updated our SQL server 2008 R2 SP1 x64 with CU 5.

the update went through without any errors, but after the update i have noticed a new .NET Runtime Optimization Service error in the even viewer. not really sure if it is related to the update or it is something completely different.

the server is up and running, and i don't see any other issues except for a message in the event viewer.

i've tried to search internet and MS forums, but wasn't been able to find an answer on what happened and how to fix it, if i need to fix it at all.

any advise on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated

thanks a lot!

Andriy

the error is:

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] .NET Runtime Optimization Service
    - EventID 1101
    [ Qualifiers] 0
    Level 2
    Task 0
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2012-02-28T17:30:56.000000000Z
    EventRecordID 12260
    Channel Application
    Computer xxxxx.xxxxxx
    Security
    - EventData
    .NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64) - Failed to compile: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\dtsinstall.exe . Error code = 0x800700d8
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\dtsinstall.exe
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:37 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

If the summary.txt log file reported a successful installation of the update and you are not experiencing any issues with SQL Server, then this is not affecting SQL Server. Restart your computer when possible.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

• Marked as answer by Andriy K Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:47 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:25 PM

All replies

•  

Hello,

If the summary.txt log file reported a successful installation of the update and you are not experiencing any issues with SQL Server, then this is not affecting SQL Server. Restart your computer when possible.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

• Marked as answer by Andriy K Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:47 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:25 PM
  • hello,

the time of the error is actually after the installation of cu was already completed and there are no errors in the log file.

i'll try to restrat it and let you know if i have it again.

thanks a lot for your help!

andriy  

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:37 PM