Windows 8.1 Eula page, Express settings RRS feed

• Question

• Guys - I am new to deploying windows 8.1 as well as using MDT (I'm familiar with SCCM with MDT integration, but have only deployed Windows 7). For this project I am only using MDT 2013 / WDS.

I have a very basic task sequence set up and configured to deploy my Windows 8.1 reference image. All works as expected except a few things.

After the OS is applied MDT stops at the Eula Page. I have to hit "accept" and then it takes me to the "express settings" selection. Once I select express settings I am taken to the logon prompt. I have to enter the administrator password where it takes me to the desktop and THEN the task sequence installs my apps and completes.

How do I bypass the Eula Page and Express settings screens?

Is it normal behavior to have to log in before the task sequence finishes?

Below is a screenshot of the only modification I made to the TS.

thanks for any help

-PD

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:10 AM

Answers

• First of all, check the Release Notes for MDT 2013:

you may need to create the unattend_x64.xml.6.2 file(s) to unattend_x64.6.3:

from the command prompt run the command:

C:\>copy "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates"\*.2 "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates"\*.4
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates\Unattend_Core_x64.xml.6.2
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates\Unattend_Core_x86.xml.6.2
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates\Unattend_x64.xml.6.2
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates\Unattend_x86.xml.6.2
            4 file(s) copied.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:19 AM

All replies

• First of all, check the Release Notes for MDT 2013:

you may need to create the unattend_x64.xml.6.2 file(s) to unattend_x64.6.3:

from the command prompt run the command:

C:\>copy "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates"\*.2 "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates"\*.4
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates\Unattend_Core_x64.xml.6.2
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates\Unattend_Core_x86.xml.6.2
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates\Unattend_x64.xml.6.2
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates\Unattend_x86.xml.6.2
            4 file(s) copied.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:19 AM
  • That worked out great. You were spot on about not having the 8.1 unattend file.

thanks!

-PD

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:45 PM