MDT 2013 import OS fail. Part of path could not be found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have installed MDT 2013 on a Server 2012 R2 machine and I am having trouble importing any OS. I get an error Part of the path could not be found. If I try and create the directory for MDT it complains and will not let me continue. If the directory is not there it complains that the directory cannot be found. here is the complete error that is generated.

Performing the operation "import" on target "Operating system".

System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\DeploymentShare\Operating Systems\Windows 7 x64'. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\DeploymentShare\Operating Systems\Windows 7 x64'.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
       at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.Utility.DeleteDirectory(String theDirectory, Boolean recursive)
       at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.ImportOperatingSystem.Import(String sourcePath, String directoryName, Boolean moveDirectory)
       at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.ImportOperatingSystem.ProcessRecord()
       at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.Invoke(IEnumerable input)
       at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.OperatingSystemProgress.WizardProcessing()
       at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.WizardProgress.InitiateWizardProcessing()

This particular image is Windows 7 custom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim Jardim

Friday, August 1, 2014 4:40 PM

Answers

• Look like it was a pair of bad images I had. I re d/l from tech-net and everything was fine... Go figure

Please mark this one as solved

Thanks to all for their help, much appreciated.

Tim Jardim

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:02 PM

All replies

• Looks like it's having an issue with the path itself? Try something without spaces so the command wouldn't need to be quoted possibly. Are you trying to import something from another deployment share? I'm confused why you're importing from the OS folder :)
    Friday, August 1, 2014 5:58 PM
  • Hi

I have tried using the a simple directory such as '1' and it still fails. I am right clicking on operating systems and selecting import operating system.

Thanks

Tim

Friday, August 1, 2014 6:34 PM
  • It is possible that you are hitting the 265 char MAX_PATH Limit.

Ensure that your Deployment share, is not longer than say... 30 chars on your host machine:

d:\Deployment\MDT\TestPath\Version10  <- MIght be too long

d:\Deployment.32423  <- Try this instead

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:02 AM
  • Look like it was a pair of bad images I had. I re d/l from tech-net and everything was fine... Go figure

Please mark this one as solved

Thanks to all for their help, much appreciated.

Tim Jardim

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:02 PM