none
Project 2010 Master File Saved as Project 2007 - Subprojects show with red x as if inserted multiple times RRS feed

• Question

• I have a master file that was originally created in Project 2007 Professional and then updated in Project 2010 Standard.  The master file and all subproject files were saved as 2007 files.  When the master file is opened in Project 2010 it displays all of the subproject files.  When the master file is opened in Project 2007, the subproject files appear with a red x icon and a message that a subproject cannot be inserted more than once.  How do I get the subproject files to display (expand) in the master file when it is opened in Project 2007?
    Friday, September 23, 2011 8:58 PM

Answers

• Possible corruption there. I would delete all projects from the master, save the empty master and save all sub-projects when prompted. Now create a new master in a new blank 2007 format file.

I wouldn't mix 2007 and 2010 formats with master files especially. In 2007 it is essential you have SP2 and the latest cumulative updates installed as they are still fixing occaisional master file bugs.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:51 AM