Remote desktop with 2 other people using Vista Ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• With Vista Ultimate is it possible for you to be working on the desktop and for 2 or more other people to use remote desktop to access your computer at the same time, sharing the same keyboard/mouse?

Is there some other program that will do this if not remote desktop?
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 11:40 PM

All replies

• No, it's not.  No desktop version of Windows supports that - multiple-concurrent logons are limited to Server operating systems.
    No software or hardware that I'm aware of will allow that, either.  I've seen devices that do just that; however, they're limited to Server or *nix (due to the need for concurrent logons.)

Perhaps you're speaking about Remote Assistance?  RA allows a remote user to connect to your currently-running session, and mirror (on their PC) your screen.

Confused:  how are two or three people going to use the same keyboard at the same time?  There's only room for two hands....  :)

Clarification?

-Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 5:08 AM
  • I think going with a Web conferencing tool like Mikogo will be the answer.
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:11 PM
  • try netviewer.co.uk
    we use it all the time, its really good.
    i think you will want the netmeeting service rather than netsupport 

i agree though a desktop os will not allow rdp to be used in a ts style
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 7:37 PM