none
Office 365 password management with single user having two email accounts RRS feed

• Question

• I have a customer with two domains under one Office 365 tenant account. Users need to send as both domaina.com & domainb.com. When sending outbound from domaina.com we want the outbound message to not mention domainb.com and vice versa.

From what I know the best way to accomplish this is to create separate Office 365 user accounts. We then add both accounts via username & password to Outlook on the user’s computer & cell phone (no SSO). The users then can select which domain they are sending from when sending outbound messages via Outlook.

In our local AD we have two domain accounts for each user, one for each domain mentioned above. The user logs in to the PC ONLY as the user account for domaina.com. I use Azure Ad Connect (formally DirSync) to sync the user’s local domaina.com account password with the Office 365 domaina.com user account. This works great but here is my issues. I am trying to find a way to sync the user’s local domaina.com account password with the user’s Office 365 account for domainb.com.

Can I use Azure AD Connect to sync a single local domain account password to two Office 365 user accounts? Or can I locally sync a user’s domain password with another domain user?

I am other admins have run into this scenario, I am just trying to think of the best way to make this easy for the users when it comes to password management for two accounts.

Also as a FYI I do want to enforce a password change policy for both email domains, so setting the domainb.com account to never expire isn’t a solution.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:14 AM