none
Folder Redirection back to the user's local storage

Question

• I've been researching how to redirect My documents and Desktop which is currently redirected to the server back to the user's My Documents and Desktop. I've migrated from an SBS 2008 to 2012R2.  Currently the folders are being redirected to the SBS 2008.  So, I've looked at the GPO for Folder Redirection and I've since made the changes you see in the attachment according to an article I read. Then ran gpupdate on the PC and rebooted. Well, their Documents still point to SBS 2008. 

The below screen shots are the previous settings before I made the changes:

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thursday, March 09, 2017 2:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to disable folder redirection on SBS 2008, and re-download files back to client locally.

As far as I know, if you disable folder redirection, then, the users’ redirected folders are downloaded from the server to the client computer.

Stop redirecting users' folders to the server:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc875780(v=ws.10).aspx

Note that:
    After you stop redirecting users’ folders to the server, users’ must log off the client computer that is connected to the network, and then log on to allow the folder redirection Group Policy to update on the client computers. When the users log on to the server, the users’ redirected folders are downloaded from the server to the client computer.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 09, 2017 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:58 AM