none
What is hapening with my calendars list?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!!!

I'm trying to implement Microsoft Project Professional 2013 in the company where I am now working.

To see if this software can be up to our needs we are given a it try using the trial version. However we are facing some dificulties that we just can't explain. We use a resource pool file to share our resources among several projects. The laters are then used in a single file as subprojects. The funny (or not as funny as one can think) is that if I open one of the single project files with the resource file already opened, when I go to the Organizer -> Calendars I get more than one version of the calendars that I use, like 24H, 24H1, Night Shift, Night Shift1, etc....

Can any one tell me what is happening here????

I also believe that what is behind the above issue is also driving the substitution of each of the task's calendar of my single project files. Due to my organization operations, I need to use a calendar for each my projects' tasks. Unfortunatelly, I'm consistently getting problem about not having enough commum working time because Project just changes the tasks calendar.

Thanks.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:27 PM

All replies

• have you also made sure that the calendars for the resources in the pool are the same as the ones you have assigned to the tasks in the individual project files?
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 3:46 AM
  • I don't believe the downloaded file has SP-1 for Project installed.  Check your installed updates in Control Panel.  If SP-1 for Project 2013 is not listed, I suggested installing.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817433/en-us

Sunday, March 23, 2014 9:59 PM