Could not find related software update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am migrating my software update collections from sccm 2007 to sccm 2012, and keep getting the following failure while migrating one of my software deployment packages:

"Entity update_2012 with path SMS_SoftwareUpdatesPackage.PackageID='SMS00177" failed with: Could not find related software update: 47207ba4-9369-41e9-9c40-8f3336e15be6" --- It also lists another 8 of these updates and they all seem to be refering to forefront client security updates (mpas-fe applications).

These updates are not actually in the SCCM 2007 console though. They are not in all software updates folders or in the software update deployment group or lists. They have been downloaded to the updates folder though on the hard disk, so perhaps they were added to the update list and then completely removed.

How do I migrate the software update group if I cannot find the updates it is complaining about, do I need to go into the database and remove them from there? If so which table(s) should I be looking at?

Any advice is appreciated, since I don't really want to have to do this from scratch on the new sccm 2012

Thanks.

Jaz

Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:42 PM

Answers

• I removed the package and the SDG has now been migrated

Jaz

• Marked as answer by JazK Friday, February 22, 2013 12:44 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 12:44 PM