none
critical performance matter - Distributed Cache - slowing my custom aspx under layout and throwing a lot of records in the sharepoint logs

Question

• i am facing a critical performance matter in my farm. 

i am only using one server now (also the DC is there) - when the service starts, it's logging a lot of: 

Successfully executed... SPDistributedCacheClusterCustomProvider:: Update(object transactionContext, string type, string key, byte[] data, long oldVersion).
    03/16/2017 05:13:16.47 DistributedCacheService.exe (0x033C)     0x1840 SharePoint Foundation         DistributedCache               ahlcq Medium   Calling... SPDistributedCacheClusterCustomProvider:: BeginTransaction
    03/16/2017 05:13:16.47 DistributedCacheService.exe (0x033C)     0x1840 SharePoint Foundation         DistributedCache               ahlcr Medium  

and my pages turn really slow (around 30 to 50 seconds to open one page) i found no errors in the logs and i used the script from: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/filipbosmans/2015/12/07/troubleshooting-distributed-cache-for-sharepoint-2013-on-premise/  and everything seems normal - any idea or advice..? as it's really critical and the end users are raising serious escalations 

Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hi karim,

From your description, your pages turn really slow in SharePoint 2013.

I suggest you using Fiddler tool to monitor SharePoint sever which is running slowly to get more detailed information.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:13 AM