none
Is it possible to create resource engagements in the Resource Centre? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

As a project manager, is it possible to create resource engagements (request a resource) from the Resource Centre, instead of from Project Professional?

I would like users who are not really PMs to be able to request resources in a self-service approach, like Heads of department (who are not familiar with Project Professional) to be able to request resources to a BAU plan.

Any thoughts on how this could be done?

Many thanks,

Mia

Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:32 AM

Answers

• Mia --

Yes, it is possible to create Resource Engagements from the Resource Center page in PWA, but I don't think you will like the results.  When created from PWA, the Resource Engagements are automatically approved.  To allow the users to create Resource Engagements from the Resource Center page, your application administrator would need to add the users to the Resource Managers security group in PWA.  Otherwise, the only way to create Resource Engagements that are not automatically approved is to create them in Microsoft Project Professional.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:45 PM

All replies

• Mia --

Yes, it is possible to create Resource Engagements from the Resource Center page in PWA, but I don't think you will like the results.  When created from PWA, the Resource Engagements are automatically approved.  To allow the users to create Resource Engagements from the Resource Center page, your application administrator would need to add the users to the Resource Managers security group in PWA.  Otherwise, the only way to create Resource Engagements that are not automatically approved is to create them in Microsoft Project Professional.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:45 PM
  • Many thanks, Dale! Your help is much appreciated!
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:04 PM