none
Roaming Profile stopped working..

Question

• Recently our roaming profile set up no longer works.  I am using GPO and Folder redirection for AppData Roaming, Desktop and Favorites and their Documents folder redirected to their Personal Folder on the network.  

All the permissions I have set correctly from the start a few months ago and now it no longer sets the roaming profile for new users up.  I have even recreated a new roaming profile GPO for a test user and this still does not work.  I have ran GPresult and the policy is there but it is not applying.  I am not too sure if this is a windows update which could have cause the problem?  the event logs doesn't show up any errors.  

Please see the pictures with the permissions and setup of GPO.  

I have been looking in all areas and can not seem to find the source of the problem.  I hope someone can shed some light or help me resolve this.  

Thanks

Wednesday, November 09, 2016 4:41 PM

All replies

• recently our roaming profile set up no longer works.  I am using GPO and Folder redirection for AppData Roaming, Desktop and Favorites and their Documents folder redirected to their Personal Folder on the network.  

All the permissions I have set correctly from the start a few months ago and now it no longer sets the roaming profile for new users up.  I have even recreated a new roaming profile GPO for a test user and this still does not work.  I have ran GPresult and the policy is there but it is not applying.  I am not too sure if this is a windows update which could have cause the problem?  the event logs doesn't show up any errors.  

Please see the pictures with the permissions and setup of GPO.  

I have been looking in all areas and can not seem to find the source of the problem.  I hope someone can shed some light or help me resolve this.  

Thanks

Wednesday, November 09, 2016 12:41 PM
  • Hello,

You mentionned that you ran GPResult and your GPO takes effects for a specific user on a specific computer, right?

If so, do you have any events in your event logs of your client computer regarding your user profile or folder redirections?

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Wednesday, November 09, 2016 10:20 PM
  • Hi,
    What version are the server and client computer using?
    If you are deploying Roaming User Profiles on computers running Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, or Windows Server 2012, we recommend making a couple of changes to your Windows environment prior to deploying. These changes help ensure that future operating system upgrades go smoothly, and facilitate the ability to simultaneously run multiple versions of Windows with Roaming User Profiles. To make these changes, please follow the article as below to have a try to see if it works:
    Deploy Roaming User Profiles
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj649079(v=ws.11).aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, November 14, 2016 9:08 AM