Exchange 2007 MP R2 problems with reporting RRS feed

• Question

• First off, I read the manual and went through all the steps to override and enable.

I am using" Exchange 2007 Average Mailbox Size" report in SCOM 2007 R2.  I am getting a blank report because it wants to use...

"Object List:  This report expects objects of type Exchange 2007 Mailbox Database"

....and I search and nothing shows up for this filter.  And when I take the filter off and search for the object or group called that I don't see anything.  I am able to use the monitoring just fine.  My server state shows healthy for the cas1 and cas2 ccr node 1 and 2 and the ccr cluster.  It shows the total number of mailboxes and lets me see the topology fine.  But when I run that report...they are blank based on the filter that is built in.  Same goes for Top N Mailbox.  The only report that I can get to work are "exchange 2007 mailbox messages Delivered"

Any ideas?

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:01 PM

Answers

• This means that the discovery for the mailbox database is not running or possibly not working.  Suggest you start looking at whether the discoveries are enabled.  If so, look at agent proxy on the agents associated with your exchange database (this should all be included in the guide).  If this is all good, start troubleshooting in the operations manager log at the host that would normally discover the mailbox database class.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, October 15, 2010 7:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:41 AM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:09 PM
  • Also note that the rules that collect this data only run on a 24 hour interval and you need some samples for the report to begin working.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Friday, October 15, 2010 6:40 PM

All replies

• This means that the discovery for the mailbox database is not running or possibly not working.  Suggest you start looking at whether the discoveries are enabled.  If so, look at agent proxy on the agents associated with your exchange database (this should all be included in the guide).  If this is all good, start troubleshooting in the operations manager log at the host that would normally discover the mailbox database class.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, October 15, 2010 7:30 AM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:09 PM
  • Also note that the rules that collect this data only run on a 24 hour interval and you need some samples for the report to begin working.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Friday, October 15, 2010 6:40 PM