windows 7 network acces RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am having internet access through Static IP,using this i can access internet through my desktop pc, 

i can removed connection from my Desktop pc and i will reconnect it to my sony vaio laptop.

but it is showing no network access and configured all my settings i.e network.

Friday, June 8, 2012 5:58 PM

Answers

• 1. You will be more comfortable in Windows 7 networking.

2. Look into Dvice manager and see if NIC is correctly installed. If not, install correct NIC driver.

3. Look into NIC & TCP/IP properties and see if there is static or dynamic assignement of IP.

4. If you expect to receive IP from DHCP, run ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew (check ipconfig /all)

5. If nothing helps, contact laptop vendor support

Regards

Milos

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, June 25, 2012 8:42 AM
    Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:23 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that you cannot find the "Local Area Connection" in Network Connections dialog box?  If so, please install the correct network driver for Windows 7.  If not, it means that you have connected the laptop just cannot access to internet. You'd better turn off the wireless network adapter first, and then reset the local connection TCP/IP properties manually, meanwhile pay attention to the settings of static IP and the subnet.

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:07 AM

All replies

• 1. You will be more comfortable in Windows 7 networking.

2. Look into Dvice manager and see if NIC is correctly installed. If not, install correct NIC driver.

3. Look into NIC & TCP/IP properties and see if there is static or dynamic assignement of IP.

4. If you expect to receive IP from DHCP, run ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew (check ipconfig /all)

5. If nothing helps, contact laptop vendor support

Regards

Milos

Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:23 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that you cannot find the "Local Area Connection" in Network Connections dialog box?  If so, please install the correct network driver for Windows 7.  If not, it means that you have connected the laptop just cannot access to internet. You'd better turn off the wireless network adapter first, and then reset the local connection TCP/IP properties manually, meanwhile pay attention to the settings of static IP and the subnet.

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:07 AM