Two AD sites with same name but from different forests RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm extending ConfigMgr 2012 support to another AD forests with two way trust. My setup is a standalone primary with Mp and Dps.

in one AD forest(For1) I've enabled the discoveries and site publishing and it works fine. Also created AD site boundaries for site assignment. Now im extending ConfigMgr to another trusted forest(For2). But the problem is i have an AD site with the same name of AD site from the For1. In short I have two AD sites from different forest with a same name. This creates problem when creating site assignment boundaries.

I've enabled AD forest discovery on the new forest(For2) and it discovers all the AD site under it. but it does not create a boundary for that particular AD site alone. Guide me to the right direction.

Kindly mark as answer/Vote as helpful if a reply from anybody helped you in this forum. Delphin

Thursday, March 20, 2014 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would use IP Address range boundaries instead which I normally do anyway instead for the AD site.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:31 PM
  • But Jorgen, I have around 90 IP subnets with in that AD site. This makes the process time taking?. Is this scenario addressed anywhere ?.

Kindly mark as answer/Vote as helpful if a reply from anybody helped you in this forum. Delphin

Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:34 PM