Outlook 2016 receive is really slow RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that is using the <g class="gr_ gr_33 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="33" id="33">subscription <g class="gr_ gr_42 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="42" id="42">based</g></g><g class="gr_ gr_42 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="42" id="42">  office</g> 365.  There are 5 people in the office using the same <g class="gr_ gr_159 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="159" id="159">subscription based</g> office. Here is the <g class="gr_ gr_261 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="261" id="261">problem  one</g> of the users is having an issue receiving email. They have an IMAP account.  I have installed office and <g class="gr_ gr_570 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="570" id="570">setup</g> the profile and everything works fine. Then about a <g class="gr_ gr_863 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="863" id="863">week</g> later the problem will start all over.  The user has to start clicking on the send receive to get the emails to download into the app.  Then a couple of days later the user has <g class="gr_ gr_1542 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="1542" id="1542">start</g> closing outlook and then reopening outlook in order for the email to start coming in again. My user is getting frustrated and I have called Microsoft and their answer was was that the profile was corrupt and then rebuilt it again. Then the cycle starts again.  Could someone please help with this.  My client is really getting irate about it.
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, September 26, 2018 7:24 AM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2018 3:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Karanc66,

Do new messages receive normally on the web mail?

From the description, it seems that this specific user’s profile keeps getting corrupted, right?

Have you tried configuring another email account on this Outlook client or adding this specific user’s account on another Outlook client? This could help determine whether this issue lies on Outlook client or mailbox.

What’s the size of OST file? If the size is too large, it will easily get corrupted. Please go to File > Account settings > Account Settings. Double click your IMAP account and then set “Keep mail offline for” to 6 or 3 months.

Besides, do you have any anti-virus programs running on this computer? If yes, please close them temporarily to see if you can receive new messages normally.

If the steps above don’t help, please try starting Outlook in safe mode and see whether this issue continues. This helps eliminate if the problem is related to any third party add-ins. To do this, please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe, press Enter.

Any updates, you can feel free to tell us.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, September 26, 2018 7:38 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, September 28, 2018 8:59 AM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2018 7:33 AM
  • Perry,

I have seen some OST files become very large.  I will do what you have suggested and I will get back to you.  Thank you for answering.

Karan

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, October 4, 2018 6:38 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, October 4, 2018 6:38 AM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2018 6:48 PM
  • You are welcome~ Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:04 AM
  • Hi Karan,

I'm writing to see if the reply above works for you.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Friday, September 28, 2018 6:46 AM
  • Hi Karan,

Just check if the reply above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, October 1, 2018 7:36 AM
  • Hi Hi Karan,

Have you changed "Keep mail offline for" option? Does it work for your?

If the reply is helpful to you, would you mind helping mark it as answer so that it will benefit other forum members a lot?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Friday, October 5, 2018 1:36 AM