none
CutePDF - Got blue screen error and memory dump RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed a program CutePDF to write document/website to a PDF. However, when I try to write a webpage to a pdf, the whole screen turned to blue with some windows internal error message. It then reboots after flushing the memory to the disk file. 

Do anyone here encounter the same problem, and how to solve this problem?

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to my test, this software works fine on my computer. Could you please help me confirm following points?

1. Does the issue occur when writing document to PDF?
    2. Does the issue occur after reseting IE?
    3. Does the issue occur if run IE without add-ons?

Mostly, the issue is caused by a third party software/add-ons. Please try my suggestion and let us know if it work.

Thanks.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my test, this software works fine on my computer. Could you please help me confirm following points?

1. Does the issue occur when writing document to PDF?
    2. Does the issue occur after reseting IE?
    3. Does the issue occur if run IE without add-ons?

Mostly, the issue is caused by a third party software/add-ons. Please try my suggestion and let us know if it work.

Thanks.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:40 AM
  • Dear Robinson,

Firstly, really thanks for your reply!

Please see my reply as follow:

1. I have tried writing a MS word doc to and pdf ONCE, it works fine, but I haven't tried it twice and not sure if this issue occur occasionally. 

2, 3, I am using google chrome all the way. You have reminded me a very good try, I can perform writing a pdf by IE.

Besides, I have tried some other PDF writers, all of them encounter the same problem, ie. got blue screen when writing a pdf.

Thanks.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:51 AM
  • Dear Robinson,

Firstly, really thanks for your reply!

Please see my reply as follow:

1. I have tried writing a MS word doc to and pdf ONCE, it works fine, but I haven't tried it twice and not sure if this issue occur occasionally. 

2, 3, I am using google chrome all the way. You have reminded me a very good try, I can perform writing a pdf by IE.

Besides, I have tried some other PDF writers, all of them encounter the same problem, ie. got blue screen when writing a pdf.

Thanks.

It seems a problem on Google Chrome's side. I do not fimilar with it. Can you reset the program or reisntall the program to test the issue?

Thanks.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:05 AM
  • Ok, I will give it a try...

Anyway, as a sophisticated OS, I wonder how it could allow a single application to crash the whole system.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:07 AM
  • Hi kitmsg,

I would like to share following informaiton with you:

What is the blue screen stop?

Generally speaking, this should actually be a blue screen stop issue or stop error issue. Windows 2000 and later uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space. The blue screen stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

To be more specific, the system goes to a blue screen because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel, and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 act similarly when kernel mode crash problem occurs.

Friday, August 14, 2009 8:13 AM
  • Dear Robinson, 

Thanks for your information. So, blue screen stop is just equivalent to the segmentation fault/core dump in unix, right?

Oh, I recalled there is one more syndrome before I get the blue screen stop. The whole screen become messed up, quite similar to the TV set when you got no signal. It freezes for less than 1 second and then turned to blue screen stop.

Friday, August 14, 2009 8:23 AM
  • Dear Robinson, 

Thanks for your information. So, blue screen stop is just equivalent to the segmentation fault/core dump in unix, right?

Oh, I recalled there is one more syndrome before I get the blue screen stop. The whole screen become messed up, quite similar to the TV set when you got no signal. It freezes for less than 1 second and then turned to blue screen stop.

Short answer: Yes.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:32 AM