none
cant switch my pc from local account to a microsoft account RRS feed

• Question

• hello i'm using windows 8,my pc cant connect to microsoft account even after entering all information till it tells me you are almost done.the last message it gives me is "sorry we could not connect to microsoft services right now.If this problem persists ,search for network problems on the start screen "...yet i'm connected to the internet and there's no network problem found.please help
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please follow this tutorial and it should solve your issue.

http://www.kapilarya.com/fix-modern-apps-in-windows-8-unable-to-access-internet

Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:16 AM
  • Hi,

The error “sorry we could not connect to Microsoft services right now. If this problem persists ,search for network problems on the start screen " occurs  because of an issue with Microsoft account or

1.Corrupt Microsoft Account settings

2.Can’t connect to the sync service

3.Problems with Microsoft account Policy

4.Microsoft Account required

5.Connection issues due to proxy or certificate issues

I suggest to download and run the Microsoft account troubleshooter to fix this issuse:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13976.how-to-troubleshoot-microsoft-account-issues.aspx

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:25 AM
  • it is not working sir

the trouble shooter says "Microsoft account not detected"yes of course it cant detect that....that's because we cant switch to it....

its very tiring ...............................................................
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 3:57 PM
  • it is not working sir

the trouble shooter says "Microsoft account not detected"yes of course it cant detect that....that's because we cant switch to it....

its very tiring ...............................................................

Same for me. I have a Microsoft account and can sign into it through the web portal, but when a Microsoft App tries, It cannot find/access it. I am using Windows 10 and Office 365.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:46 PM
  • Same problem here. Very frustrating.
    Monday, September 7, 2015 3:53 AM
  • im having the same problem. I bought a windows rt surface tablet/pc. I set it up and it wouldn't let me sign into my Microsoft account, so I set up a local account and now I can not sign into my Microsoft account. I go in and type everything in and it come back with "sorry we could not connect to microsoft services right now.If this problem persists ,search for network problems on the start screen". I do that and theres nothing wrong. I tried the Microsoft accound troubleshooter and it tell me that i need a Microsoft account to sync my setting and that a Microsoft account is required. i need HELP BAD!!!! im using this tablet/pc for school and i need this fixed asap.
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 4:28 AM
  • Hey any luck at all yet????
    Saturday, October 7, 2017 7:51 PM