Blue screen crashing W7 ntoskrnl.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I´ve installed W7 64bits since I had W7 32 bits but upgrade to 8Gb or RAM. When I changed the RAM i still worked with W7 32 and also with ubuntu, and everything seems just fine, but since I change to install W7 64 I´ve been getting the blue screen everyday (once per day), today is my third day since I installed it. Yesterday and the day before that I was either watching a video in youtube or trying to open a program, but today I wasn´t doing anything, it just pop the blue screen.

I have an i3 530, 8Gb ram @1333Mhz and a graphic card, I´ve supposly have all drivers right. I´ve run a memory test but everything was OK.

https://imgur.com/m5YUNsr

This is what I got in the third blue screen I had. If anyone could help me I be very greatfull.

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 12:38 AM

All replies

• Which is your way of W7 64bit installation? clean/fresh install, or upgrade install over W7 32-bit?
    Or do you have multi boot in your compute? 

Ashidacchi

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:38 AM
  • The post displayed Page fault in non paged area or bugcheck 50.

This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced. Typically the memory address is wrong or the memory address is pointing at freed memory

This could be faulty RAM, drivers, etc.

To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

It will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is 1 file for you to find manually:  memory dump file:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results.

Sometimes dxdiag needs to be collected manually:  In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > open each page > allow several minutes for it to fully load > save to the desktop > post into the thread using a one drive or drop box share link.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:45 AM
  • The 1st post has  good meaning to it,the "Clean" installation is preffered by Microsoft,as with Win XP no upgrade

from home to XP PRO is advised,only a clean install..To keep youre current upgrade,the fix is simple,being

that youre 8GB of ram is ok,1 sided chip/or 2 sided chips,only one is default/compatable.If ok,in Win 7, R.click

my computer/properties/advanced/virtual memory/advanced/change button..With C: highlited,set to: "let

system manage" click set 2X close out,restart pc..Also,best bet after above,R.click on cmd/run as Administrator/

in cmd type: Sfc /Scannow  once thru,type: CHKDSK C: /F  agree to restart,type: exit  restart pc...

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:59 AM
  • I had a fresh install, I have W7-32 on another hdd. I have all the OS in the same computer, but different hd.
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:58 AM
  • Hi,

According to you description, you have a multi-boot computer, i.e. there installed more than one OS in the same computer.
    Please provide all OS(s) one by one in your computer, and provide which OS works fine and which does not work (shows you a blue screen). 

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:48 AM
  • What is the status of the BSOD?

To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

It will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is 1 file for you to find manually:  memory dump file:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results.
    Sometimes dxdiag needs to be collected manually:  In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > open each page > allow several minutes for it to fully load > save to the desktop > post into the thread using a one drive or drop box share link.

Monday, January 22, 2018 2:45 AM