none
DPM 2012 SP1 Upgrade/Install problem RRS feed

• Question

• I've been having nothing but problems trying to upgrade System Center 2012 to SP1. The latest issue is with DPM.

First I was getting all sorts of SQL errors. After fixing issue after issue, I eventually got to the point where DPM started the upgrade. Then I ran into an issue in which DPM told me to back up the database, uninstall DPM and to install it from scratch. So that's where I'm at.

Now I'm getting an error once I choose the location I'm going to install DPM and hit next. The error tells me to check the setup logs. Here's the related log info:

[2/20/2013 2:16:48 PM] *** Error : Application_ThreadException
    [2/20/2013 2:16:52 PM] * Exception : Invoking Watson with Exception:  => System.ArgumentException: path
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Helpers.PathHelper.GetPathRoot(String path)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Wizard.InstallLocationValidation.CheckFileSystem(String installLocation, String databaseLocation, String sqlInstance, String rosettaInstallLocation, Boolean installingSql)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Wizard.InstallLocationValidation.ValidateErrors(String binaryInstallLocation, String databaseLocation, String rosettaInstallLocation, String sqlInstance, Boolean isDatabaseDetected, Boolean installingSql, UInt64 requiredDataDiskSpace)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Wizard.InstallLocationPage.CheckInstallAndDatabaseLocation()
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Wizard.InstallLocationPage.OnLeavePage(LeavePageEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.UI.WizardFramework.WizardPage.RaiseLeavePage(LeavePageEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.UI.WizardFramework.WizardForm.ValidateAndLeavePage(WizardPage page, LeavePageEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.UI.WizardFramework.WizardForm.TraversePagesToTarget(WizardPage startPage, WizardPage targetPage, NavigationDirection direction)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.UI.WizardFramework.WizardForm.InternalNavigateToPage(WizardPage targetPage, NavigateEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.UI.WizardFramework.WizardForm.NextPage()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:26 PM

All replies