none
Manage Portfolios with PWA 2013 RRS feed

• General discussion

• We are looking to  use project server 2013 for resource and project portfolio management.  We are a Telecom Organization of approximately 600 -800.

We would like to do the following :

1- Manage several projects from several Departments of our organization and getting reports

2- Monitor Projects scheduling and Departments planning  both together and separately 

3- Add weights and priority to projects for having some special reports

I would be grateful to have both comments and experience about above works, can we use portfolio analysis? In general, I mean, is that correct to use portfolio analysis? if not, what should we do?

thanks 

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi, I wouldn't use portfolio analysis, as that is about Project SELECTION, but I would use the general functionality of Project Server to manage those projects...

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

Indeed Project Server 2013 does allow to do portfolio management defining business drivers and ranking the projects in given portfolio. Since there is a lot of to say on this subject, I suggest you to read this white paper (for 2010 but still applicable for 2013).

I also suggest you to contact the closest Project Server consultant firm so you can have a dedicated presentation and demo about the solution capabilities.

https://pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-us

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 8:04 AM
  • Thank you Guillaume

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 9:40 AM